Over the last (almost) 2 weeks, I have been doing the autoimmune paleo protocol. It’s quite intensive, but also quite worth it! Seriously, I feel ten years younger. Mostly, I am doing this because I know I have some lingering food sensitivities and allergies and well–this is much easier than spending the next 2 + years in the doctors office trying to get it all squared away!
And the truth is, because of how much better I’m feeling, I know this experience is going to be invaluable.
So far, this tuna salad has been a big hit in my family (read: including my husband) and the good news, totally compliant with my new diet! Another thing I love about it, it is so simple, yet so tasty! I went the simple route only adding celery and carrots (because it’s what I had on hand).
Honestly, the secret to this recipe lies in the Avocado mayo.
AIP & Vegan Tuna Salad Recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- One 5-6 oz can of tuna
- A big dollop of avocado mayo
- Half a Carrot stick, peeled and diced into small pieces
- Half a Celery Stick, diced into small pieces
- Any herbs you may want to add such as a generous pinch of chopped fresh dill, parsley or cilantro
- Any other veggies (or even fruits) that you might like to add
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, enjoy on lettuce wraps!